I read my first 10 personal development books in three months. It was after that that I met the girl of my dreams. She was an author and she lived in Australia—and, today, I am happily living in Australia with her.
Focusing on self-improvement has presented many opportunities in our lives—like speaking at live events, writing for online publications and traveling the world.
This can happen for you, too.
But in order for things to change in your life, in order to get where you want to be, you have to grow into the person who is ready for that change. Personal development is vital to your success.
15 Simple Ways To Make Self Improvement That Will Change Your Life
Written by Paula Lawes
1. Be willing to work hard. Action is what’s important here and the more ‘inspired’ the action is, the better the results in the end.
2. Make sure you have friends who you can talk to. Make sure you have a good support network around you, especially those people whose opinions you respect.
3. Adapt to your circumstances rather than over-thinking them. What you focus on expands which means you’ll get more of it.
4. Ensure that you use your time wisely. Try something new, go for a walk, learn a new language or meditate but make sure it’s something you absolutely love.
5. Always be consistent. When you make a commitment, stick to it. You’ll feel more confident and happier with yourself.
6. Go and find your happy place. Find out what you love to do, what makes you happy and go there—where you find peace, where you lose yourself and feel contented.
7. Make sure you embrace all your emotions wholeheartedly and understand why they are there and then let them go. What you resist, persists.
8. Always be prepared to step out of your comfort zone. Change something simple that you’d once have feared, like going to the cinema on your own or eating sushi—it doesn’t have to be wacky, but it has to challenge you!
9. Be on hand to help others. Giving to others is not only beneficial to those you are helping but also to yourself; it can give you a sense of purpose, of contribution and also takes your mind of your own troubles and worries.
10. Live in the present moment. Being mindful of your current circumstances and focusing on what you can control will bring about a happier way of life instead of constant worry or stressing about the past or future.
11. Learn something new. Continually up your brain activity and you’ll feel on top of your game and want to share the knowledge you have learned. You will both improve your circle of friends or raise confidence levels.
12. Exercise daily. It’s about feeling good inside and out. With a healthy body comes a healthy mind—so start something today.
13. Go to new places, travel a bit. Start by going to a town or city you’ve never been to in your own country and checking out the architecture, the landscapes and the people.
14. Listen to uplifting music and dance—Let it all hang loose and got into a piece of music and let yourself go.
15. Get up earlier than normal—the early morning stuff can really get your day started with a bang.